Philip is a member of the Corporate Transactions & Securities practice group. His past experience includes handling a wide variety of litigation and matters related to corporate structure and governance.
Phil is licensed in Ohio and North Carolina. He is admitted in Illinois.
- The University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2007
- Grinnell College, B.A., 2003, Phi Beta Kappa
Philip's experience includes:
- Formulating litigation strategy and obtaining a favorable settlement of fiduciary claims against clients who served as directors of a biotechnology start-up.
- Obtaining injunctive relief for a software developer against a former client and competitor for breach of a licensing agreement and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Researching and developing claims and litigation strategy for a sport-agent client arising out of a developer’s sales-price manipulation in large commercial real estate deals.
- Managing repeat litigation and client relationships for numerous insurance clients.
- Conducting due diligence in connection with a public client’s acquisition of a sporting goods company.
- Developing a strategy to remove a member from a deadlocked LLC client without triggering dissolution and default provisions in the LLC agreement and the LLC’s development loans.
- Reviewing and updating a requirements contract for a public utility client.
- Drafting LLC agreements and supply agreements for a railroad equipment manufacturer.
- Drafting an offering statement and SEC filings for a public client’s debt placement.
Professional & Civic Involvement
Professional ActivitiesDayton Bar Association
- Co-author, “Arbitration of Antitrust Claims” · NC Bar Ass’n Antitrust Section Newsletter
- Co-author, “The Sub-Prime Loan Mess: Where Did it Come From” · ABI Commercial Fraud Taskforce Newsletter