Mr. Oestreicher is a former member of Thompson Hine's Executive Committee, the former Partner-In-Charge of the Cincinnati office of the firm, former Liaison for the Brussels office, and a member of the firm's Corporate Transactions & Securities and International Trade & Customs practice groups. Mr. Oestreicher has substantial experience and involvement in domestic and international troubleshooting and dispute resolution. He counsels numerous companies concerning their domestic and international transactional activities, including international trade and policy issues, domestic and international commercial transactions, in particular, international joint ventures, strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions and intellectual property licensing and exploitation. He has represented many non-U.S. companies establishing or expanding operations in the United States. Mr. Oestreicher is admitted to practice in Ohio and New York and is a former Associate Member of the Dutch Order of the Brussels, Belgium, Bar.
In February 2006, Mr. Oestreicher was appointed by President George W. Bush as a member of the President's Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations (ACTPN). His term was extended for an additional two years in 2008.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1975
- Miami University, A.B., 1972
Professional & Civic Involvement
Joya Charitable Foundation
American Bar Association
Cincinnati Bar Association · International Law Committee, Past Chairman; Founder
Ohio State Bar Association
Jewish Foundation of Cincinnati · President, Board of Trustees
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College · Board of Trustees, Chair (2009-2012)
Greater Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce, Cincinnati USA Partnership for Economic Development · Executive Committee
Isaac M. Wise Temple · Board of Trustees (ex-officio), Past President
Hebrew Union College - Jewish Institute of Religion · Emeritus Trustee
Jewish Cemeteries of Greater Cincinnati, Inc. · Finance and Investment Committee.
Jewish Cemeteries of Greater Cincinnati, Inc. · co-Founder, Board of Trustees, Executive Committee
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park · Board of Trustees
Greater Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce · Partnership for Greater Cincinnati; Oversight Committee
Downtown Cincinnati Inc. · Board of Trustees
Cincinnati Arts Festival Inc. · Board of Trustees
Jewish Federation of Cincinnati · Second Century Task Force
National Conference for Community and Justice · Board of Trustees
Southern Ohio District Export Council (SODEC) · Member
Glen Manor Home for the Aged (now Cedar Village) · Board of Trustees
- "Drafting International Technology License Agreements" · Negotiating and Structuring International Commercial Transactions: Legal Analysis with Sample Agreements, American Bar Association, Section of International Law and Practice, Second Edition
- "Drafting International Technology License Agreements" · Negotiating and Structuring International Commercial Transactions: Legal Analysis With Sample Agreements, American Bar Association, Section of International Law and Practice
- "International Technology Licensing Agreements" · Counseling Emerging Companies in Going International, American Bar Association, Section of International Law and Practice
- "Legal Due Diligence Checklist - International Acquisitions" · Corporate Counsel's International Advisor, Business Laws, Inc.
- "Transactions Involving the Japanese" · Transnational Joint Ventures, Business Laws, Inc.
- "Joint ventures can work with focus on long term" · Cincinnati Business Courier
- "Italy's currency, like its politics, is unstable" · Cincinnati Business Courier
- "Twilight Zone cases on agents, distributors" · Cincinnati Business Courier
- "Don't even talk with customers about foreign boycotts" · Cincinnati Business Courier
- "Vietnam: Door is now open, but going through it isn't easy" · Cincinnati Business Courier
- "Politics may be new, but it's business as usual in Japan" · Cincinnati Business Courier
- "Transactions Involving the Japanese" · Laws of International Trade, Business Laws, Inc.
- "Foreign investments needed for area's future economic health" · Cincinnati Business Courier
- "Winning the 'race' of global economy not an easy task" · Cincinnati Business Courier
- "Distributorship Agreements", United States Department of Commerce International Trade Administration Midwestern Conference on Legal Aspects of International Business
- "Technology Transfer - Who's Doing What to Whom?", Joint Meeting of the Dayton Council on World Affairs and the Miami Valley International Trade Association
- "Economic Development and Export Promotion: A Private Sector Perspective", National Conference of State Legislatures, International Trade Committee Annual Meeting
- "Formalizing the Agent/Distributor Relationship", International Marketing through Agents and Distributors, International Management Training Institute, World Trade Association/Greater Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce
- "Patterns of Success and Failures of Doing Business in China", International Management Training Institute, China Trade Seminar & Workshop
- "Marketing Through Agents and Distributors", World Trade Association and the Cincinnati Bar Association, Introduction to Legal Aspects of International Trade and Investment
- "Legal: Tax and Policy Consideration", International Software and Hardware Marketing Seminar, International Computer/Software Executives Association, Inc.
- "U.S. and Foreign Legal Considerations - A Case Study", World Trade Association's International Strategic Planning Seminar
- "Letters of Credit - Legal Issues", Bank One, Dayton, NA Standby Letter of Credit Seminar
- "Transactions Involving the Japanese", Current International Issues for Corporate Counsel with Emphasis on Joint Ventures and Other Strategic Alliances, Continuing Legal Education Satellite Network Program
- "Negotiating and Drafting Technology Transfer and Design and Development Agreements", ABA National Institute on Negotiating and Drafting International Commercial Transactions: A Case Study with Sample Documents
- "Expanding Internationally - Strategies for the Company With Limited Resources", World Trade Association
- "International Technology Transfers and Intellectual Property Law Regimes", Counseling Emerging Companies in Going International, ABA Section of Business Law, Section of International Law and Practice
- "How Do Clients View Global Expansion With Limited Resources and How Does the Service Professional Position Himself to Fulfill These Needs?", The Continental Association of CPA Firms/Intercontinental Accounting Associates Convention
- "International Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances", Miami Valley International Trade Association
- "Expanding Internationally Through Foreign Acquisitions", Midwest Conference on International Law
- "Doing Business in the U.K.", sponsored by Clark, Schaeffer, Hackett & Co.
- "Intellectual Property Licensing and Transfers", ABA National Institute on Negotiating and Structuring International Commercial Transactions
- Civic Leadership Award, Venue Magazine 2012
- Community Service Award, American Jewish Committee 2011