Jerry is a partner in the firm's Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practice group and the Personal and Succession Planning practice group. He focuses his practice on the design, drafting and installation of qualified retirement plans; representation of closely held businesses, including advice as to structure, capitalization and related matters; negotiation and drafting of employment contracts for professionals; advice and preparation for succession planning in corporations and partnerships, including buy/sell agreements and related matters; representation for purchase or sale of a business; advice and implementation of clients' estate plans; advice in mergers and acquisitions involving retirement plan issues; and assistance with financial and tax planning for closely held businesses and their owners.
Jerry was an Adjunct Professor at Capital University Law School from 1989 to 1994.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 1974, cum laude
- Hope College, B.A., 1971, cum laude
Professional & Civic Involvement
Professional AssociationsOhio State Bar Association
Columbus Bar Association
Community ActivitiesVolunteer reader for Central Ohio Radio Reading Service
Lacrosse Coach for Upper Arlington · Lacrosse Association
- "Designing Key Employee Distribution Plans"
- "Avoiding Unexpected Violations of Fiduciary and Investment Rules"
- "Retirement Plans - Participant Loans"
- "Creative Pension Strategies"