George is a partner in the firm's Real Estate and Corporate Transactions & Securities practice groups. He has more than forty years experience in real estate law. His national, regional and local practice includes all aspects of purchasing, selling, leasing and financing commercial properties. He has represented a wide cross-section of retailers. George's clients include large national chains, department store anchor tenants and "big box" mass merchandisers. George's experience in the shopping center industry has earned him a reputation for both his business acumen and his ability to handle difficult or complicated transactions. A skilled negotiator with solid people skills and industry-wide contacts, George is particularly adept at guiding challenging deals through to successful closing. George has been active with the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) for more than three decades. His experience includes:
- Current Chairperson of the Legal Advisory Council to the ICSC General Counsel
- Co-chairperson of the ICSC Law Conference, 1991 and 1992
- Co-chairperson of the New York Law Symposium, 1999 and 2000
- Past member of the inaugural ICSC Law Committee
- ICSC Law Conference Planning Committee member for over 20 years
- Lecturer, panel moderator, group leader at numerous ICSC events
George has been a lecturer on commercial leasing matters at Practicing Law Institute (PLI) and ICSC programs.
Since 1995, George has served as a director of Chemed Corporation, a New York Stock Exchange listed company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. He has served as Chairman of the Compensation/Incentive Committee, Chairman of the Nominating Committee, and he is a member of the Board's Executive Committee. In 2009, he was elected Chairman of the Board and continues to serve in that capacity.
He is admitted to practice in the state of New York (all courts). He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., 1972
- Valparaiso University School of Law, J.D., 1971, Valparaiso Law Review, Note Editor
- Clarkson University, B.S., 1968
Professional & Civic Involvement
Chemed Corporation - Cincinnati, Ohio (NYSE Symbol CHE)
American Arbitration Association National Roster of Neutrals
New York State Bar Association; Real Property Section, Member
The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
Dean, School of Shopping Center Law for the University of Shopping Centers - The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, 2008
Associate Dean, School of Shopping Center Law for the University of Shopping Centers - The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, 2007
Business Advisory Board - The First National Bank of Long Island, 2007-present
Advisory Council - Clarkson University, School of Arts & Sciences, 2007-present
- International Council of Shopping Centers Distinguished Service Award, 2007
- Selected for inclusion in New York Super Lawyers® magazine (real estate), 2006-2012