George is an associate in the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation group. He focuses his practice on the design, establishment, administration, maintenance, and termination of tax-qualified pension, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans, and health and welfare benefit plans, including flexible benefit programs and cafeteria plans. George also counsels clients on various compliance related filings with the IRS, DOL, and PBGC, including voluntary correction program and determination letter filings and defined benefit plan terminations. In addition, he counsels clients on compliance with Health Care Reform, COBRA, HIPAA, benefit claims and appeals, consumer driven health plans, nondiscrimination requirements, cafeteria plan rules, taxation of benefits, and other welfare benefit matters. George also works on the employee benefits aspects of corporate acquisitions, dispositions and mergers, as well as all employee communications concerning benefit plans.
He is admitted to practice in Illinois and Ohio.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2007, cum laude
- Miami University, B.A., 2004, magna cum laude
Professional & Civic Involvement
Cincinnati Bar Association, Employee Benefits Committee (2011-present)
Cincinnati Bar Association, Community Service Committee (2010-present)
Co-Chair of Office Diversity Committee (2012-present)
Human Rights Campaign, Co-Chair of Workplace Equality Committee (2012-present)
Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, C-Change Class VIII Participant (2013)
Board of Trustees, The Cincinnati Boychoir (2011-present)
European American Chamber of Commerce (2010-present)
ArtsWave Boardway Bound Leadership Program (2010)
- “Providing Benefits to Employees in Same-Gender Relationships”, HRC Workplace Equality Seminar; November 8, 2012
- "Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity: Benefits, Leave Laws & Discrimination", Thompson Hine LLP Legal Update for HR Professionals, June 27, 2012
- "Providing Benefits to Employees in Same-Sex Relationships" - Cincinnati Bar Association Employee Benefits Committee Meeting; March 8, 2012