Eric is an associate in the Product Liability Litigation practice group. He focuses his practice on product liability defense and dispute resolution concerning automotive manufacturers, commercial and consumer products, injuries to persons and property, and other business transactions and relationships.
Eric also has represented employers throughout Ohio in thousands of workers' compensation administrative hearings and has experience handling workers' compensation litigation.
While working toward his law degree, Eric externed with the Honorable Judge Lesley Wells, United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
Eric is admitted to practice in the state courts of Ohio, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
Prior to joining the firm, Eric represented employers throughout Ohio in workers' compensation administrative hearings and litigation.
He is actively involved in the Nordonia Hills Chamber of Commerce, where he is currently Past President of the Board of Directors. He is chair of the Chamber's Duathlon Committee and a member of the Scholarship Committee.
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., 2004, summa cum laude, Executive Editor, Cleveland State Law Review
- Baldwin-Wallace College, B.M., 2000, cum laude
- Obtained exclusion of plaintiffs' liability experts in defending automotive manufacturer from claim of sudden acceleration. Buck v. Ford Motor Co., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 97380 (N.D. Ohio, Aug. 30, 2011).
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of medical device manufacturer on ground of preemption.Wilhite v. Howmedica Osteonics Corp., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 64843 (N.D. Ohio, June 20, 2011).
- Obtained Court of Appeals decision affirming jury verdict in favor of employer where employee sought to participate in workers’ compensation fund for alleged chemical sensitivity purportedly developed in the course and scope of his employment. Brophey v. Adm’r, Bureau of Workers’ Comp., 2008 Ohio App. LEXIS 545 (7th App. Dist., Feb. 12, 2008).
- Obtained summary judgment, affirmed by Court of Appeals, in workers’ compensation case where employee alleged an industrial injury when he slipped and fell on his front porch prior to entering his work vehicle. Rantamaki v. Conrad, 2006 Ohio App. LEXIS 910 (11th App. Dist., March 3, 2006).
- Member of team that obtained appellate decision affirming trial court grant of summary judgment on behalf of international manufacturer in premises liability/workplace intentional tort case stemming from employee’s injury while working with molten magnesium. Meadows v. Air Craft Wheels, L.L.C., 2012 Ohio App. LEXIS 230 (8th App. Dist., Jan. 26, 2012).
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of company that allegedly exposed plaintiff to asbestos through its activities as an outside contractor at plaintiff’s former work site.
- Defense of automobile manufacturer in alleged design defect case arising out of injuries allegedly caused by defective airbag and roof.
- Defense of automobile manufacturer in case arising out of injuries allegedly caused by gas struts attached to vehicle’s hood.
- Defense of automobile manufacturer in design defect claim involving alleged "sudden acceleration" incident.
- Defense of automobile manufacturer in numerous actions alleging claims under Ohio’s lemon law and the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
- Defense of automobile manufacturer in claims of property damage arising out of vehicle and structural fires.
- Defense of automobile manufacturer against insurance subrogation actions alleging design, manufacturing, and warning defects.
- Successful defense of multiple employers in Industrial Commission hearings related to claim allowances, temporary total disability compensation requests, treatment requests and other issues.
Professional & Civic Involvement
Federal Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Defense Research Institute (DRI), Food Law Committee
- Co-author, "Sweeping Overhaul of FDA Regulation of Food Industry Promises New Challenges" · HCLL News, January 2011
- Co-author, "Defining the New 'Green'" · Product Liability Law360, October 13, 2010
- Co-author, "The Coming Wave of Greenwashing Class Action Lawsuits" · The Voice, Defense Research Institute, May 12, 2010
- "Inaccurate Employment Application Not Enough to Deny Temporary Total Disability Compensation Benefits" · Self Insurer's Group of Ohio website, November 1, 2005
- "Family and Medical Leave Act Reform: Is Paid Leave the Answer?" · 51 Clev.St.L.Rev 65, 2004
- Selected as an Ohio Super Lawyer Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyer magazine in 2011 and 2013