Bryce is a partner in the firm's Business Litigation practice group. He focuses his practice on general commercial litigation, product liability, and environmental litigation.
Bryce is admitted to practice in Ohio and Kentucky, in the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and in the United States District Court for the Southern and Northern Districts of Ohio.
- University of Dayton School of Law, J.D., 1998, cum laude, Executive Editor, University of Dayton Law Review
- University of Notre Dame, B.B.A., 1992
- Representation of flavoring manufacturer in products liability suit concerning employee exposure to diacetyl.
- Representation of steel manufacturer in product liability suit concerning employee exposure to benzene.
- Representation of hair dryer manufacturer in product liability suit concerning exposure to asbestos.
- Representation of air compressor manufacturer in product liability suit concerning employee exposure to silica.
- Representation of public company in product liability suit concerning mobile folding cafeteria tables.
- Representation of steel supplier in product liability action concerning materials supplied for construction of a costal harbor.
- Representation of environmental consultant concerning exposure to mold by homeowners.
- Representation of public company in product liability action concerning exposure to vinyl chloride.
- Representation of automobile manufacturer in product liability action concerning a vehicle rollover.
- Successful settlement of dispute between two technology companies arising out of certain licensing agreements.
- Directed verdict in favor a publicly-held real estate investment trust relating to lease within regional mall.
- Summary judgment for various insurance companies for uninsured motorist claims by plaintiff-employees.
- Representation of publicly traded laundry machine manufacturer in dispute with component part manufacturer.
- Representation of publicly traded tool company in CERCLA action in Connecticut.
- Representation of insurance company in various ERISA actions brought by plan beneficiaries.
- Representation of former employee in action involving non-compete agreement.
- Summary judgment for foundry on issue of insurance coverage for catastrophic event.
- Summary judgment for financing company against alleged claims for consumer sales practices violations stemming from sale of automobile.
- Representation of various automobile dealers in consumer-related disputes.
- Summary judgment in favor of national tax credit syndicate against manager of various properties.
- Representation of steel manufacturer on complex breach of contract matters regarding the implications of unilateral termination of agreements with raw materials suppliers.
- Obtained verdict for inventor of flat panel touch screen technology for breach of royalty fee agreement with former employer/distributor.
- Representation of equipment manufacturer relating to enforceability of various franchise agreements.
- Representation of and successful settlement for shareholders of closely held corporation in dispute over failed merger.
- Representation of construction company in connection with arbitration of breach of contract claims.
- Representation of manufacturer of commercial laundry machine equipment in trademark dispute with parts manufacturer.
- Representation of telecommunications company in trademark infringement lawsuit relating to use of marks in telephone directory.
- Representation of partner in accounting firm in investigation by PCAOB.
- Representation of Big 4 accounting firm in PCAOB investigation of accounting restatement.
Professional & Civic Involvement
Professional AssociationsOhio State Bar Association
Kentucky Bar Association
Cincinnati Bar Association
Federal Bar Association - Board of Directors
Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers
Professional ActivitiesBoard of Directors - Dan Beard Council, Boy Scouts of America
Board of Directors - Summer Work Experience in Law (SWEL)
Adjunct Professor, Northern Kentucky University - Ethics in Managerial Decision-Making
- Social Media and Discovery – Be Careful What You Post · Thompson Hine Business Litigation Update, August 2011
- Presenter at toxic mold seminar and prepared materials for 2000 Ohio State Bar Association Antitrust Conference
- Comment, "Genetic Discrimination in Insurance and Employment: Spoiled Fruits of the Human Genome Project" · University of Dayton Law Review, Vol. 23, Fall 1997
- Casenote, "Personal Jurisdiction in Cyberspace: Teaching the Stream of Commerce Dog New Internet Tricks" · University of Dayton Law Review, Vol. 22, Spring 1997
Selected for inclusion as a Rising Star
by Ohio Super Lawyers
magazine in 2007