Beverly is a patent attorney and a partner in the firm's Intellectual Property, Corporate and Life Sciences practice groups. A former faculty member at the medical campus of the University of Tennessee, she focuses on intellectual property transactions, evaluation, enforcement, and prosecution in chemical, medical, and life science areas. She is active in Thompson Hine's International and Private Equity/Venture Capital Services groups, focusing on intellectual property uses in global business. She also handles general patent, trademark, trade secret, and copyright matters.
Beverly teaches both biotechnology and chemical patent strategy for the Patent Resources Group (PRG). She developed and taught Intellectual Property Licensing at the University of Cincinnati College of Law. As an academic, she authored numerous scientific publications, including chapters in clinical texts and a biochemistry study guide.
Beverly is admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in the states of Ohio and Georgia.
Biotechnology, chemical, medical diagnostics and therapeutics including regulatory issues and business methods, laboratory reagents and devices, pharmaceuticals including actives and formulations, organ-specific applications including ocular, skin, and pulmonary, and orthopedic and dental compositions.
Beverly also practices in the Cincinnati office:
312 Walnut Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
- Hahnemann Medical College, Ph.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, M.S.
- Thomas Jefferson University, B.S.
- The University of Memphis, J.D., with honors
- Hahnemann Medical College, M.S.
- Global patent licensing.
- Development of global protection strategies for intellectual property assets and portfolios.
- Representation of corporations, entrepreneurs, and university technology transfer offices.
- Diligence and IP audits in acquisitions and licensing ventures.
- U.S. prosecution for corporations, universities, research centers, entrepreneurs, startups, and individuals before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Patent monetization and valuation.
- Global patent prosecution, challenge, and enforcement.
Professional & Civic Involvement
American Intellectual Property Law Association
American Association for the Advancement of Science
German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern United States (GACC South)
Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce (Board of Advisors)
- “Intellectual Property in Academia”, University of Cincinnati, Children’s Research Foundation, January 2013.
- Monetization of Intellectual Property, Corporate Newsletter Summer 2012.
- "Who Leads in Technology Transfer? Establishing Productive Interactions Between Researchers and Technology Transfer Professionals. Tomorrow's Technology Transfer" · The Journal of Association of University Technology Managers, 1 (2009) 3
- Entrepreneurial Use of Soft IP, · Georgia Institute of Technology / Emory University Technology Innovation Program , October 2010
- "Public Patents Versus Private Trade Secrets" · Ohio State Bar Association Annual Convention, Intellectual Property Section, 2007
- "Global IP For Success in the Global Marketplace" · Williams College of Business, Xavier University, 2006, 2007
- "Entrepreneurship and Intellectual Property" · Cincinnati Creates Companies, University of Cincinnati, 2004-2007
- “Capitalizing on Discovery: The Business and Policy of Academic Medicine” · University of Cincinnati, 2005
- Chambers USA: Women in Intellectual Property Law Finalist (2012)
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2005-2012)
- Ohio Super Lawyer (2005-2010)
- Best Lawyers in America (2012-2013)