Webinar - The FAR Mandatory Disclosure Rule: Silence Is Not Golden
Date: June 14, 2018
Time: 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. EDT
Contact: Stacy Weiner, 202.263.4184 - Stacy.Weiner@ThompsonHine.com
A complimentary webinar for government contractors
With eight consecutive years of False Claims Act recoveries exceeding $3 billion, there has been significant enforcement pressure added to the Federal Acquisition Regulation’s Mandatory Disclosure Rule. Government contractors must face the reality that if they do not detect and disclose potential FCA violations, whistleblowers may do it for them. Contractors also have an opportunity to disclose potential violations in a manner that can prevent additional violations and that is consistent with the FAR, their contracts and good corporate citizenship. This requires robust compliance with the MDR, the FAR, and statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements, as well as the company’s code of business ethics and conduct. DOJ’s annual FCA enforcement statistics provide added incentive for ensuring compliance in 2018 and beyond.
In this webinar we will discuss issues relating to both the FCA and MDR, including:
- Requirements under the MDR
- Protecting a company’s interests in light of the FCA and MDR
- DOJ’s FCA statistics and their relevance to the MDR
- DOJ’s recent enforcement memos and their relevance to the FCA and MDR
- Implied certification under the U.S. Supreme Court precedent Universal Health Services v. U.S. ex rel. Escobar, related case law developments and their relevance to the FCA and MDR
- Joseph R. Berger, Counsel, Government Contracts, Thompson Hine
- Greg Bingham, President, The Kenrich Group LLC
- Tom Mason, Practice Group Leader, Government Contracts, Thompson Hine
- MG Daniel V. Wright, USA (Ret.), Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, ANSER
Please register online by June 12.
Instructions for participating in the webinar will be emailed to you two days before the session. We invite you to submit questions before or during the webinar to Stacy.Weiner@ThompsonHine.com.