U.S. & International Trademark Protection - Dayton
Date: April 06, 2016
Time: 7:45 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. EDT
Contact: Ellen Geron - Ellen.Geron@ThompsonHine.com
What you need to know for U.S. & global brand expansion
A complimentary breakfast briefing presented by Thompson Hine LLP.
Who should attend: corporate in-house counsel, CEOs, CFOs, advertising and marketing professionals, business owners and their support staff who need to understand U.S. and international trademark laws and strategies to properly protect their brands.
- How U.S. & international trademark rights are created
– First-to-file vs. first-to-use countries
- U.S. & global trademark registration protection: What? When? Where? How?
- Minimizing infringement risk, maximizing protection & controlling costs
- International treaties used to secure international trademark rights
- U.S. & international trademark application filing strategies
- China: Strategies for protecting trademarks, battling trademark pirates & protecting brands in manufacturing agreements
- Copyrights: Creating “super trademarks”
Our speaker will be Roger Bora, partner at Thompson Hine and former U.S. Patent and Trademark Office attorney. His practice includes all aspects of U.S. and international trademark and copyright laws, including global portfolio management, registration procurement, enforcement actions, trade dress, brand creation, domain names, Internet, licensing and advertising.
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
- 7:45 – 8:15 a.m. – Breakfast & registration
- 8:15 – 9:30 a.m. – Program
Thompson Hine LLP
Austin Landing, Discovery Place
10050 Innovation Drive, Suite 400