2017 Labor & Employment and Professional Conduct Seminar – Cincinnati
Date: December 06, 2017
Time: 8:25 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. EST
Contact: Sharon Bella, 513.352.6707 - Sharon.Bella@ThompsonHine.com
Thompson Hine’s Labor & Employment group invites you to a complimentary all-day seminar that will provide in-house counsel and human resources professionals with the latest updates in the area of labor and employment law. Following the L&E portion, we will present a segment on professional conduct. View/download the full agenda.
Topics will include:
- Labor & Employment Year In Review – notable Supreme Court decisions; trends to expect in 2018; immigration update
- FLSA Update – repeal of Obama DOL rules; new Trump rules; significant developments
- Noncompete Agreement Developments – legislative initiatives to limit noncompete agreements; court trends regarding sufficient consideration; strategies for maximizing enforcement
- Health & Welfare Update – health care reform; disability claims regulations; wellness programs; mental health parity compliance; non-participating provider litigation
- Crisis Management Strategies for Attorneys & Their Companies – traditional media vs. new media; the difference between legal challenges and reputational challenges; what to consider when responding to a crisis; how to avoid making common mistakes with reporters
- Agreements to Arbitrate and Class Action Waivers –Murphy Oil case (NLRB argues class waivers in employee arbitration clauses violate the NLRA); CFPB promulgates ban on class waivers in consumer contracts; class and litigation waivers in Equifax’s response to massive hack; the pros and cons of arbitration agreements
- Professional Conduct – Too Much of a Good Thing: The Professional Limits of Entrepreneurialism; Ethics Considerations in Government Contracting; Ethics & Professionalism in Elections, Politics & Government
Wednesday, December 6
Registration: 8:00 a.m. – 8:25 a.m.
Program: 8:25 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Scripps Conference Center
312 Walnut Street, 10th Floor
Complimentary parking is available in the Scripps Center parking garage located at the corner of 3rd and Walnut Streets.
Please register online by December 1.
CLE: A total of 7.5 hours of CLE credit has been requested in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio, including 5.0 hours of CLE credit for the Labor & Employment portion and 2.5 hours of professional conduct credit for the afternoon session.