2016 Labor & Employment and Professional Conduct Seminar
Date: December 07, 2016
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. EST
Contact: Elise Hoffer, 513.352.6748 - Elise.Hoffer@ThompsonHine.com
Thompson Hine’s Labor & Employment group invites you to a complimentary all-day seminar that will provide in-house counsel and human resources professionals with the latest updates in the area of labor and employment law. Following the L&E portion, we will present a segment on professional conduct. A wide variety of topics will be covered; view the full agenda on our website.
- 2016: Employment Year in Review – Updates on important court cases, other hot topics
- Hiring & Onboarding Mistakes That Lead to Litigation Exposure – Potential pitfalls of background checks, social media investigations, medical questionnaires and evaluations
- More Burdensome Requirements for Federal Contractors – Defining who is or might be a federal contractor, recent and pending changes in contractor requirements
- FLSA Update – Salary basis test, new salary level test, bonus considerations, automatic increases
- Joint Employment & Other Updates from the NLRB – Joint labor liability, joint employment under FLSA, how the NLRB is regulating your (non-union) workplace, challenges to handbook provisions/policies, other updates
- Workplace Behavior & Privacy Developments – Monitoring employee email and conducting workplace searches, employee dress codes, bullying policies, social media surveillance
- Best Practices/Considerations for Policies – Developing bulletproof policies for health assessments, drug/alcohol testing, ADA and FMLA leave, independent contractors, social media
- Reputation Defense for Attorneys in the Era of Social Media – Various approaches to defending an attorney’s reputation following online criticism and their professional and ethical implications
- Professional Conduct Panel – Discussion of ethical considerations confronting in-house counsel, how ethical issues are addressed by in-house counsel vs. private practice lawyers
8:00 – 8:25 a.m.
8:25 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Continental breakfast and lunch provided
Scripps Conference Center
312 Walnut Street
Complimentary parking is available in the Scripps Center parking garage located at the corner of 3rd and Walnut Streets.
Please register online by December 1
Contact Elise Hoffer at Elise.Hoffer@ThompsonHine.com or 513.352.6748
A total of 7.5 hours of CLE credit has been requested in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio, including 5.0 hours of CLE credit requested for the Labor & Employment portion and 2.5 hours of “professional conduct” credit for the afternoon session.